- Assisted suicide bill in Connecticut defeated for the 10th time
Another attempt to push pro-death legislation has been thwarted in Connecticut.
- Oregon expands assisted suicide to out-of-state visitors
We already have a problem with dangerously short physician-patient relationships and the push to eliminate any waiting period for life-ending drugs. We should not be expanding access to lethal prescriptions.’
- New York legislators take steps to legalize assisted suicide
Persons over age 18 who are considered terminally ill would be allowed to self-administer a lethal injection.
- New Mexico becomes the latest state to succumb to the evils of euthanasia
Assisted suicide for terminally ill patients will be allowed starting in June, and based on the pattern of other states and countries, it will expand from there.
- The assisted suicide juggernaut continues in the US
Without a strong resistance movement, the assisted suicide movement will only keep expanding.
- ALERT: Connecticut considers bill to legalize doctor-assisted suicide
Adult residents who are deemed mentally competent and have been diagnosed by their attending physician with a terminal illness ‘may request aid in dying by making two oral requests and one written request to such patient’s attending physician.’
- Texas Supreme Court rebukes hospital that tried to kill 20-month-old baby on life support
The SCOTX delivered more time to Baby Tinslee Lewis, an ill 20-month-old in a Fort Worth hospital.
- Assisted suicide lobby call for ‘teledeath’ remote euthanasia during pandemic
Today’s fundraising email from the president of an assisted suicide lobby group states that the current COVID-19 crisis provides a new opportunity for assisted suicide.
- Anti-euthanasia orgs sound alarm on federal end-of-life bill
Pro-lifers are divided about the language in the bill.
- California governor demands end to euthanasia…for animals, but not people
Misplaced priorities are California’s specialty.
- Judge denies injunction to extend baby Tinslee Lewis’ life support
The baby’s family has seven days to file an appeal. Cook Children’s Medical Center is trying to remove Tinslee’s life support against her family’s wishes.
- DC city council approves assisted suicide again, sends bill to mayor’s desk
The bill is headed to the mayor’s desk.
- Woman ends life through assisted suicide in ceremony held at Canadian church
The assisted suicide service was referred to as a ‘simple Crossing Over Ceremony.’
- Canadian hospice society elects pro-life board, votes in favor of ‘life-affirming’ constitution
DHS president Angelina Ireland told LifeSite that the vote was ‘a clear victory for life-affirming Palliative Care in Canada.’
- Euthanasia deaths rise by over a third in Quebec, continuing previous year’s trend
Quebec is the only province to exercise any public oversight of its euthanasia program.
- Canadian hospice vows to rebuild ‘completely independent’ from gov’t. to avoid euthanasia
‘The Government tried to destroy us because we refused to kill our patients, but we will rise like the Phoenix, better than ever.’
- Canada’s 2020 euthanasia report: Almost 8,000 people died by lethal injection
The current Canadian government is committed to more death by euthanasia. In 2020, there were 7595 reported assisted deaths up from 5,660 in 2019, meaning more than 25,000 MAiD deaths have happened in Canada since legalization.
- Health authorities terminate 35-year lease for BC hospice that refuses to euthanize patients
The government ‘started giving eviction notices to the dying people in their beds.’
- During lockdown Ontario reports highest ever number of euthanasia deaths
The Ontario data indicates that in the first four months of 2021 there were 853 reported assisted deaths. April 2021 had the highest number of assisted deaths ever with 241. There have now been 24,000 estimated assisted deaths in Canada since legalization.
- Bill allowing doctors to kill mentally ill Canadians who want to die becomes law
The law allows those with mental illness and those who are suffering while not terminally ill to access Medical Aid in Dying (MAiD)
- Justin Trudeau’s Liberals approve bill allowing doctors to kill mentally ill Canadians
‘March 11, 2021 will be remembered as the day the Canadian government chose to tell Canadians with…mental illnesses…that they’re not needed, not valued, and not worthy of care’
- Canada Senate passes euthanasia bill expanding categories of the killable
‘The government is lying when they state that it is tightly crafted’
- ACTION ITEM: Tell your Canadian senator to reject Trudeau’s deadly expansion of euthanasia
Now is the time to ensure your voice is heard in defense of life and in opposition to the Liberal government’s efforts to further expand euthanasia
- Pro-death group recruits Satanists in attempt to take over Canadian pro-life palliative care hospice
Euthanasia activists are reaching out to their allies including Satanists and atheists in an attempt to force the hospice to lethally inject sick patients.
- Canadian bill expanding legal euthanasia heads to Senate for review
15 members of the Conservative Party voted for the bill.
- Petition demands Conservative MPs oppose new Canadian euthanasia law
‘Bill C-7 would amend the Criminal Code to permit MAID [medical assistance in dying] for individuals whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable’
- Canadian legal group sounds alarm about possible coerced suicide under new law
If Bill C-7 becomes law, a patient could be killed by his physician even after losing the ability to give instructions.
- Canadian judge rules 2 doctors can have patient euthanized even if many docs disagree
If two doctors or nurse practitioners approve a death by lethal injection, it doesn’t matter that other doctors’ or nurse practitioners’ assessments disagree that the person qualifies to be killed under the law.
- Euthanasia expert: Canada on track to become ‘worst’ suicide jurisdiction in world
Alex Schadenberg told Canadians on Day 3 of the virtual National March for life that Bill C-7 ‘needs to be stopped.’
- Euthanasia lobby using COVID-19 to pressure faith-based hospitals to kill patients
The Canadian Association of MAiD Assessors and Providers claims that the killing of patients should last only through the coronavirus panic, but its reassurance rings hollow.
- Canadian hospital system ‘heartbroken’ to suspend euthanasia during COVID-19 panic
‘It’s heartbreaking for us,’ a hospital director said, ‘as it is for patients and families seeking this care.’
- Euthanasia doctor drafts Ontario’s coronavirus triage protocol deciding who gets care
A doctor who has euthanized people and lobbied to legalize lethal injection for sick patients in Canada is behind Ontario’s proposed coronavirus triage protocol.
- Provincial govt to withhold $1.5M from Canadian hospice for refusing to kill sick patients
British Columbia’s NDP government will pull $1.5 million from the palliative care hospice for refusing to allow euthanasia onsite
- Trudeau moves to make Canada most permissive ‘euthanasia regime’ in the world
Cardinal Thomas Collins denounced the Liberals’ bill, saying ‘This is a new chapter in death on demand.’
- Trudeau govt removes barriers to suicide, endangering most vulnerable
- There is no longer a waiting period. Independent oversight has been reduced. And those who attempt to withdraw their consent to be killed may be ignored.
- Canadian hospice tells gov’t it’ll forgo $750K in public funds rather than kill sick patients
The non-profit society argues that euthanasia is incompatible with palliative care, and allowing it violates the society’s charter.
- Trudeau govt drops ‘near death’ requirement for patients seeking euthanasia
Pro-life Canadians are urged to take part in govt online survey by Jan 27 as Liberals are considering ‘advance consent’ for euthanasia.
- Provincial govt orders Canadian hospice to begin killing sick patients in February
The British Columbia non-profit faces the possibility of having its public funding discontinued unless it complies
Netherlands: More legal acts of euthanasia than ever before
In 2021, no fewer than 7,666 patients were killed on demand, representing an increase of over 10 percent compared to 2020.
28 people in New Zealand have died by euthanasia or assisted suicide in first 3 months of new law
New Zealand’s law permitting euthanasia and assisted suicide came into effect in November 2021.
Austria legalizes assisted suicide for people considered terminally ill or disabled
The current ruling party, the supposedly Christian conservative Austrian People’s Party (ÖVP), supported the bill.
- Switzerland okays futuristic ‘suicide pods’ to end life without psychiatric screening
The inventor hopes eventually to replace human psychiatrists with artificial intelligence to review applicants’ soundness of mind.
- Portugal’s president vetoes bill that would have legalized euthanasia
The legislation uses ‘serious or incurable disease’ in some places instead of ‘incurable and fatal disease.’
- Victory: Irish justice committee rejects bill to legalize assisted suicide
For now, the hard work of the pro-life movement and their allies has fended off the threat.
- New assisted suicide bill introduced into UK Parliament
‘This bill marks the start of a new battle against the lives of the most vulnerable – we must fight back now.’
- Netherlands euthanizes record number of sick people, including COVID sufferers
More and more people are beginning to see death as the solution to their problems.
- UK health secretary and chief lockdown promoter begins push to legalize assisted suicide
Seventy Members of Parliament are challenging proposed new laws on euthanasia.
- Euthanasia deaths in Victoria, Australia soar after legalization, harsh coronavirus lockdown
The rates of assisted suicide and euthanasia have almost doubled.
- Spain’s socialist and leftist parties legalize euthanasia, assisted suicide
There are still many who oppose prematurely-induced death under the guise of compassion.
- Portugal’s top court rejects euthanasia bill, says it threatened ‘inviolability of life’
The governing Socialist Party, however, reportedly promised to simply reword the bill and attempt to pass it once more.
- Christian Legal Centre that fought to save Polish Catholic thanks LifeSiteNews readers
‘I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the way in which supporters and readers of LifeSiteNews got behind us at the Christian Legal Centre as during December through Christmas—indeed, even on Christmas Day—through New Year, even on New Year’s Day, we were working day and night to try and secure life and justice and hope for RS’
- A man was starved to death in the hospital. The ‘official’ cause of death will surprise you
‘He died from a heart attack that he had on November 6, and so his being starved for almost two weeks, without water and stuffed with midazolam (a sedative), didn’t cause his death,’ his sister tweeted sarcastically.
- Against mom’s wishes, UK court says removing girl’s life support is in her ‘best interest’
The U.K.’s Society for the Protection of Unborn Children (SPUC) is now funding the legal defense for mother and daughter.
- UK court forbids Polish Consul General from visiting Pole dying in English hospital
The court acceded to a request by the University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust that the Polish official not be allowed to visit the Polish citizen or to assist a Polish doctor in examining the patient remotely by video.
- Hope dims for pro-life Polish Catholic now dying of hunger, thirst in English hospital
The European Court of Human Rights judge who dismissed the case of the pro-life Pole now being euthanized was a member of George Soros’s pro-euthanasia Open Society.
- English hospital wants to harvest comatose Pole’s organs, as legal fight for life goes to UN
A British court had ruled to dehydrate the patient to death, which might be in violation of the UN’s Convention of the Rights of Person with Disabilities.
- Polish government ‘last hope’ for comatose Catholic patient denied food and fluids in UK hospital
The European Human Rights Court has rejected plea from the man’s family, but the Polish government may yet appeal to the European court
- Polish gov’t intervenes on behalf of its citizen in ‘vegetative state’ in UK, he’ll receive water and nutrition until Jan. 7
After water and nutrition were withheld from ‘RS’ on Christmas Eve, Poland’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Zbigniew Rau, wrote an official letter to the U.K.’s Foreign Secretary, Dominic Raab. Rau asked his British counterpart for an urgent ‘help and intervention’ in order to get food and water back to RS so he is not starved and dehydrated to death.
- UK hospital removes food, water from unconscious Polish Catholic euthanasia victim on Christmas Eve
The man’s parents and siblings fought to preserve the life of their beloved son and brother.
- Dutch court rules patients condemned to euthanasia may be drugged to prevent resistance
The Dutch court has created a loophole that permits the doctor to quite literally get away with murder.
- UK: People can travel for assisted suicide, but not the holidays
Coronavirus restrictions prohibit regular travel, but exceptions are made for assisted suicide.
- New Zealand voters say ‘yes’ in referendum to doctors helping to kill sick patients
The End of Life Choice Act provides euthanasia and assisted suicide to anyone over the age of 18 who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and is likely to die within six months.
- Dutch government set to allow doctors to kill sick children
The country’s Health Minister said doctors have shown there is a ‘need’ to actively terminate the life of ‘suffering’ children.
- Nova Scotia judge rules man can be lethally injected despite wife’s protests
In a decision condemned as ‘farcical,’ the judge scheduled a hearing on the matter for September 24 but also allowed for the husband to be killed before then.
- Netherlands contemplates expanding assisted suicide for people over 75 ‘tired of living’
Since euthanasia became legal in 2001, pressure groups have been working to extend the scope of “chosen death” in the name of personal autonomy.
- Court prevents hospice from voting to become Christian, avoid euthanasia
‘We are highly concerned with the lack of justice in the court system today,’ said the society’s board chair Angelina Ireland.
- 34-year-old UK man dies after UK court approved his starvation while in coma after surgery
The patient indicated earlier this year that he would not want to live with a debilitating condition, but he had agreed last month to surgery to save his life.
- UK court approves starvation of 34-year-old man in coma after surgery
A judge determined that food and water should no longer be given to the patient in his ‘best interest.’
- French govt authorizes dangerous drug for COVID-19, spurring euthanasia suspicions
Critics say the drug can now be used to kill off the fragile and the elderly.
- Dutch Supreme Court uses forced euthanasia case to expand permission to kill patients
We shouldn’t be surprised that the Court has now explicitly approved the forced euthanasia of patients with dementia if they asked to be killed before becoming incompetent.
- In Europe, doctors are asking elderly patients if they’d rather be euthanized than treated
An Italian report alleges that elderly people are being asked if they want to be ventilated long-term or would rather let nature take its course — even if they haven’t been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Coronavirus leaves European doctors tempted to euthanize patients to free up resources
Health care professionals have reportedly revealed how the pressures created by the coronavirus have left them feeling ‘tempted’ to kill the elderly instead of caring for them.
- Belgium killed almost 3,000 people by euthanasia in 2019, including one child
This figure exposes a significant increase in the number of Belgians killed by euthanasia since the death laws were introduced in 2002.
- New law forces Belgium pro-life doctors to refer patients wanting to die for euthanasia
Conscientious objection for healthcare professionals will be eliminated and Catholic hospitals will be forced to permit assisted suicide.
- Belgium euthanasia stats show troubling increases, social acceptance
The Belgian euthanasia commission received 12.6 percent more declarations in 2019 as compared with 2018.
- Euthanasia activists must have ‘dictated’ Germany’s new pro-assisted-suicide ruling: pro-life doctor
‘I have not seen a more open attack on the freedom of conscience of doctors for a long time.’
- German high court overturns ban on ‘commercial’ assisted suicide
Euthanasia is an especially controversial issue in Germany because of its historic connection to the Nazis.
- Portuguese parliament votes to legalize euthanasia, assisted suicide
The parliament voted on five ‘right-to-die’ bills last week.
- Australian doctors help kill 52 sick patients in first 6 months of new assisted suicide law
Australian politician says the new assisted suicide law is ‘working well’
- Dutch mental patient ‘angry’ doctors proposed euthanasia to her
‘I was overwhelmed and angry. I couldn’t believe it. I had come to see this man to get help.’
- Pro-life groups in Portugal organize referendum to fight govt push for euthanasia
Members of the parliament ‘are in an incredible hurry’ to allow euthanasia after the first attempt in 2018 failed.
- Spanish socialist govt moves to let doctors kill sick patients as health care costs rise
The pro-life party in Spain accused the ruling socialists of promoting euthanasia to eliminate ‘people who are expensive at the end of their lives.’
- Switzerland bans death penalty but will now help prisoners kill themselves
Prison officials have now confirmed that assisted suicide should be available to Swiss prisoners.
- Dutch to offer ‘poison pill’ to healthy seniors who want to die
The Dutch government has published a study that shows how many people want to end their own lives, prompting a political party to provide suicide pills for the elderly.