- New Zealand bishops tell priests to ‘accompany’ Catholics who choose assisted suicide
The two letters were described as ‘appalling’ and appear to contradict previous Papal teachings.
- Canadian archbishop: Selling euthanasia as ‘solution’ to suffering is ‘misguided’
Ottawa Archbishop Terrence Prendergast denounced assisted suicide in the midst of the coronavirus and said an abortion-free Canada remains the goal.
- Doctor who promotes ‘terminal sedation’ of sick patients to keynote LA Archdiocese end-of-life conference
Euthanasia opponents warn that ‘terminal sedation’ is essentially euthanasia by another name.
- Bishop warns new euthanasia law turns formerly Catholic Spain into an ‘extermination camp’
With all due respect and appreciation in the Lord for the people, I must make some considerations regarding certain laws and facts.
- Irish bishops condemn proposed assisted suicide bill as ‘fundamentally flawed’
In the last few years, Ireland also legalized abortion and introduced homosexual ‘marriage.’
- English cardinal pleads for life of Pole dying of hunger, thirst in British hospital
‘Providing food and water to very sick patients, even by assisted means, is a basic level of care.’
- Polish archbishop asks British cardinal to save comatose Polish man from starvation in UK hospital
Archbishop Stanislaw Gądecki has explained that there is strong public feeling in the patient’s homeland against the British court which permitted the hospital responsible for his care to remove the patient’s clinically assisted nutrition and hydration
- If Pope Francis wants Catholics to fight euthanasia, he must speak out against adultery
If circumstance or conscience can’t make euthanasia good, how could they make an adulterous union good?
- Vatican rules against priests absolving sick people determined to kill themselves
‘Any formal or immediate material cooperation in such an act,’ the CDF wrote, ‘is a grave sin against human life.’
- Belgium Catholic hospitals under fire for alleged end run around euthanasia law
The most recent controversy went public in Belgium on Thursday.
- Belgian bishops: No euthanasia in Catholic hospitals
Euthanasia ‘attack[s] the very foundations of our civilization,’ say the bishops.